About Me

My Photo
johnkweber
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
View my complete profile

Linkedin

Powered by Blogger.

Labels

Monday, October 22, 2007

Free my phone - Walt Mossberg

Walt Mossberg -- arguably consumer electronics' single most feared and influential tech pundit -- just unleashed poetic fury on the carrier/government cartel which has made the US "the laughingstock of the mobile-technology world." In a glorious rant dubbed "Free My Phone,"

Read the article here.

This is an article I wish I had written. It is well written and he most certainly has a valid argument. It is a pity as he says that one of the best designed cellphones Apple iPhone are being crippled due to lack of foresight by government.

When a government makes decisions while being leaned on by large corporations, nothing good can ever come of it.